Banana Split Cake — An Ice Cream Parlor Classic Reinvented
Anywhere that doesn't serve a classic banana split isn't allowed to call itself an ice cream parlor. Whether you're a fruit fan, chocolate junkie, or ice cream freak, this wonderful creation has something for everybody. So we've put together a recipe that transforms the ice cream lovers' favorite into a spectacular cake that tastes as good as it looks!
- 7 oz butter cookies
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2¾ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 16 cocktail cherries
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3½ oz melted chocolate
- Break up the butter cookies into crumbs and mix them with the melted butter. Add the mix to a rectangular casserole dish and press down using a tablespoon until it's flat. Now place the dish in the refrigerator.
- Peel the bananas and halve them lengthways. Now cut the banana halves into small pieces.
- Add cream cheese, icing sugar, butter, and vanilla flavoring to a large bowl and whip the ingredients into a smooth cream using a hand mixer. Then carefully mix in the pieces of banana.
- Spread the banana and cream mix onto the cookie base. Then add the whipping cream as the next layer. Decorate the cake with cocktail cherries and walnuts before adding the melted chocolate on top.
So that's how you transfer all the delicious flavors from a banana split into a "melt-free" attractive cake. Ideal for a late summer picnic or Sunday treat, there's certainly enough to go round for the entire family. All you have to do now is find a way to keep the wasps from getting at it!