No-Bake Banana And Chocolate Pudding Cake With A Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust
No-bake cakes are quick & easy alternatives to baking, so they're perfect to serve when you need a last-minute dessert or want to focus on other parts of the menu. This no-bake banana & chocolate pudding cake might be easy to prepare, but you won't sacrifice an inch on flavor! From the fresh bananas stuffed with a creamy Nutella core to the homemade chocolate pudding and yummy chocolate chip cookie crust, this cake looks and tastes incredible. Impress your guests with this show-stopper of a cake – they'll go bananas for it!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the chocolate pudding
- 5 cups milk
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ stick butter
- 9 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup unflavored gelatin powder
- shredded coconut for the decoration
For the Nutella-stuffed bananas
- 5–6 bananas, sliced
For the cookie crust:
- 10 chocolate chip cookies
- thick straw
- piping bag
- 9-inch springform pan
1. For the chocolate pudding, stir together the unflavored gelatin powder and ¾ cup of milk, then let the gelatin soak briefly. Combine the remainder of the milk, butter, egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder, corn starch, and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a medium-sized saucepan and heat the mixture, stirring continuously. Once everything has thickened, add in the gelatin mixture and stir until combined. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool down, stirring it continuously in order to prevent a film from forming.
2. Peel the bananas and cut them into 1½-inch pieces, keeping them as straight as possible. Use a thick straw to make a hole through center of each piece.
3. Cover the base of the springform pan with plastic wrap, then attach the ring. Place the bananas upright in the pan, separating them about ½ inch from one another. Fill a piping bag with Nutella and pipe it into the holes in the center of the bananas.
4. Carefully pour the chocolate pudding into the springform pan, covering the bananas completely. Place the chocolate chip cookies upside down on top of the pudding, then crush some additional cookies and fill in any gaps with the cookie crumbs. Transfer the springform pan to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Take the banana & chocolate cake out of the refrigerator. Remove the ring from the springform pan and place a large plate or serving platter on top of the cake, then carefully flip it over. Remove the bottom of the springform pan and the plastic wrap, then press some shredded coconut into the outer edge of the cake using your hand.
This pudding cake looks and tastes so amazing! From its delicious chocolate pudding base to the surprise-filled bananas inside, it's the perfect combination of fantastic flavors and creamy consistency that make for an unforgettable dessert.
Get the recipe for the Banana & White Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake featured in the bonus video.