Banana Chocolate Rolls: Toast Done Differently
Is that package of sliced sandwich bread getting ready to go stale? It's time to bring it back to life. With this recipe, breakfast becomes a whole lot sweeter!
- white bread
- banana slices
- chocolate cream or Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Remove the crusts of the sandwich bread, and roll each slice flat with a rolling pin.
- Carefully spread as much Nutella as you desire onto the bread.
- Cut a banana into thin slices and distribute evenly over the Nutella. Now roll up each slice of bread.
- Put the eggs and milk into a bowl and whisk together.
- Allow a bit of butter to melt in a frying pan. Meanwhile, dip each of your bread into the egg mixture.
- Finally, fry the banana chocolate rolls until golden brown on both sides.
If you prefer something more fruity, try replacing the Nutella with jam. This simple recipe can easily be adapted to suit your taste. Enjoy!