Banana Bread On A Stick: The Perfect No-Mess Snack
There are two things you should know about banana bread: 1. It's not bread. 2. There are indeed real bananas inside. Usually baked in a loaf shape, we've parted with conventional ways and have opted to bring forth a to-go option. And the truly special thing about this mess-free snack? You'll find banana in not only the batter, but also at the heart of the tasty treat — talk about the proof being in the pudding!
You'll Need (for 5):
- 5 bananas
- ½ cup soft butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cups flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- oil for frying
1. Peel the bananas and cut off the end sections off each banana. Put the ends in a separate bowl — you'll need them later! Take the main banana pieces and stick a clean, unused wooden popsicle stick into each portion. Freeze the banana sticks.
2. Combine the butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt and stir together with a hand mixer.
3. Mash the banana ends from Step #1 with a fork and add to the batter. Sift the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder into the batter.
4. Pour the banana bread batter into a tall glass. Dip the frozen banana sticks into the batter one at a time and rotate until the banana is completely coated.
5. Finally, fry the bananas in a pot of heated oil. You can go ahead and drop the entire thing, stick and all, right into the pot. Fry until golden brown and carefully remove from the oil.
These small and handy banana bread sticks taste great warm or chilled. If you're feeling a bit adventurous or are looking to satisfy a sweet tooth craving, try dipping the goodies in different spreads, such as Nutella, strawberry jam, or caramel sauce.