There’s Never Been A Chocolate Cake Like This Before – Crazy!
Though they may not seem a match made in heaven at first glance, pears and chocolate are actually very well suited to each other when prepared the right way. After much experimentation in the kitchen, we've come up with a wonderfully moist cake that brings out the best from both ingredients. Take a look and try for yourself!
For the baked pears:
- 4 ripe pears
- 3½ oz almond flour
- 3 oz powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- ⅓ oz ground walnuts
For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz sugar
- 4 oz flour
- 2 oz baking cocoa powder
- 2½ fl oz sunflower oil
- 2½ fl oz mineral water
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp baking powder
For the caramel sauce:
- 2 fl oz water
- 7 oz sugar
- 5 fl oz coconut milk
1. Cut away the underside of each pear so that they can be stood upright. Next, use a teaspoon to hollow out the fruit. Make sure to remove the entire core while not putting too much pressure on the soft pears.
2. Knead the almond flour, icing sugar, and orange liqueur into a marzipan. If you need to, add some more liqueur to the mix so that you can knead it more easily. Once the marzipan is ready, knead the walnuts into it.
3. Take small portions of the marzipan and fill the hollowed out pears with them.
4. Next, beat the eggs and sugar into a airy, creamy mixture using an electric whisk. Add the flour, cocoa, oil, water, walnuts, and baking powder in that order while continuing to stir.
5. Place the pears in a circle in a cake springform pan (six to seven inches in diameter) and pour the chocolate cake batter around them. Bake the cake at 300°F for approximately 50 minutes.
6. While the cake is baking, boil the water and sugar until it forms a caramel. Take the caramel off the heat, stir in the coconut milk, and reheat everything.
7. To finish, drizzle the caramel onto the cake and decorate it with more walnuts.
Perfect for chocoholics and fruit fans alike, this delicious cake is sure to keep everyone happy at dessert time. As you can see above, this sweet treat is also a true work of art. Wonderful!