Doctors wanted to ban this video. We’re showing it anyway!
What's better than a recipe with bacon? That's right, 11 recipes featuring slice after slice of this crispy, tasty meat. Bacon lovers can really run riot here, because you can do so much more with these delicate strips of meat than throw them in a pan and then serve them up with scrambled eggs. As you'll soon see, creativity knows no limits and the transition from handiwork to artwork will begin as soon as you start cooking. So wrap it, hang it, stack it and weave it, just let yourself go!
1. Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf
- 2¼ lbs ground beef
- 1⅓ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 7 oz ham
- 5 oz cheese (6 slices)
- 3.5 oz baby spinach
- 14 oz bacon
- Mix the ground beef with breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and press the ground beef mixture into a thin, flat surface. Then add a layer each of ham, cheese, and baby spinach.
- Using the aluminum foil, roll the entire sheet of beef into a giant log, sealing the ends with ground beef so the other ingredients don't seep out during cooking.
- Replacing the aluminum foil flat on the baking tray, cover the entire surface with bacon, overlapping the slices so that the bacon layer forms a continuous sheet. Then place the meatloaf at one end and roll along the bacon, holding the aluminum foil as a guide, until the bacon is wrapped around the entire meatloaf.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 390°F for 60 minutes, removing the foil after 30 minutes so that the bacon crisps up nicely.
2. Potato Bacon Pie
You will need:
- 45 slices of bacon
- 5 medium-sized potatoes
- 14 oz grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place the bacon slices in a pie pan or skillet so that they overlap and form a circle. The ends of the slices should run over the edge of the pan, and the surface of the pan should be covered.
- Wash the potatoes and and cut them into thin slices. Place a layer of potato slices on top on the bacon, add salt and pepper, and cover with grated cheese. Repeat the process twice, each time adding fewer potato slices.
- Finally, pull the bacon slices one by one towards the middle, completely covering the last layer of cheese. Bake for 2½ hours at 340°F.
3. Breakfast Bacon Taco
- 12 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz cheese
- chives as garnish
And some tools:
- 2 glasses
- 3 skewers
- Lay the bacon slices on parchment paper to form a weaved mat by first laying six in one direction and then laying six across the top, alternating above and below the other slices. Bake the bacon mat for 12 minutes at 355°F. When it's done, use a bowl to help you cut out a circle.
- Use the two glasses to make a stand and lay the skewers on top of them. You may have to tie the skewers together. Hang the circle of bacon over the skewers and put the whole thing in the microwave. Cook for two minutes at 550W. This will give the bacon its taco shape and should hold when it cools.
- Prepare the scrambled eggs by beating them in a bowl and adding the cheese. Fry the mix in a pan. When it's done, use it to fill the bacon taco and garnish with some chopped chives.
4. Grilled Bacon Corn on the Cob
You'll need (for one cob):
- 7 strips of bacon
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 cob of corn, boiled
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Lay five strips of bacon side-by-side lengthwise making sure to overlap them a bit. Lay two more strips across them about one third from the bottom. Now lay two slices of cheese on your "bacon cross."
- Lay the cob of corn on the cheese and roll it up only in the cheese keeping it on the two strips of bacon laying across the bottom layer. Now wrap the bacon crosspieces around the ends of the cob and roll it up in the first bacon layer.
- Baste the roll with teriyaki sauce and grill it at around 280°F for approximately 30 minutes. Make sure to turn your cobs every few minutes so they cook evenly.
5. Cheesy Linguine in Bacon Baskets
You'll need (for 2 servings):
- 9 oz linguine
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella
- ⅔ cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 slices bacon
- Boil the pasta in salt water and drain. Add all three kinds of cheese, as well as the pepper, chives, and garlic. Mix all the ingredients with the warm pasta until the cheese melts.
- Place two glasses upside down on a baking tray. Cross two slices of bacon over each glass bottom, and then wrap two other slices around the body of the glass. Bake for 15 minutes at 390°F.
- After baking, the bacon baskets should be hard enough to slide off the glasses without a problem. Fill the baskets with pasta, and serve.
6. Hawaiian Bacon Donuts
You'll need (for 5 portions):
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 pineapple rings
- 5 slices of Edam cheese
- 25 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Cut five large rings from the onion. Then make the holes in the pineapple rings larger using a knife. Use the pineapple rings as stencils to cut the slices of cheese into rings. Now add the onion rings for that crowning touch.
- Wrap each ring with five slices of bacon. Fry them in a pan and spread barbecue sauce on them.
- To finish, bake the rings at 320°F for 10 minutes in the oven.
7. BBQ Stuffed Onions
You'll need (for 4 portions):
- 4 large onions
- 5 mushrooms, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 20 slices bacon
- Split each onion down the middle and remove the inner layers, setting the 2 outermost layers to the side. Do this four times so that you have 8 outermost layer sections to work with later.
- Dice the rest of the onions and the mushrooms. Mix these two ingredients, along with all the others (except for the bacon) into the ground beef.
- Now form your ground beef mixture into four equally-sized balls.
- Gently place each meatball into two of the outermost onion layers, so that you form a stuffed onion.
- Finally, cover in a thick layer of bacon by wrapping bacon slices around each onion. Toothpicks can help make this process easier!
- Now the stuffed onions are ready to be grilled, but be sure not to place them directly over the charcoal. Feel free to brush them with a little BBQ sauce! Grill the onions for about 40 minutes and just before serving, place them directly over the charcoal to ensure the bacon is extra crispy!
8. Bacon and Potato Pie
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 15 fl oz milk
- 2 tbsp spring onion, in rings
- 5 slices of fried, cut up bacon
- 8 oz grated cheddar
- 4 medium-sized cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 portion pie crust
- 20 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Break open the eggs and season them. Add milk and mix the ingredients. Add the spring onions, chopped bacon, cheddar and potatoes to the mix. Carefully fold the ingredients into the beaten eggs and milk.
- Place the pie crust into a quiche pan, press down on it at the edges and cut away any excess dough.
- Pour the egg mix on top of the pie crust and spread it out with a spoon. Bake it at 320°F for 60 minutes.
- After baking, weave bacon on top of the pie. Here's how to do it: first lay a horizontal slice on the upper edge of the pan; place a second slice vertically on top. Fold back the horizontal slice over the vertical one. Now place a second vertical slice right next to the first one and fold the horizontal slice back again. Weave the rest of the bacon going by this principle until the surface is fully covered. Cut away any excess bacon.
- Spread barbecue sauce on the bacon and bake the pie at 320°F for 30 minutes.
9. Green Egg & Ham
You'll need (for 1 serving):
- 1 avocado
- 1 poached egg
- 5 slices bacon
- Halve the avocado and remove the seed. Widen the hole in the center so that it's large enough to snugly fit a hard-boiled egg. Then carefully remove the rind from the avocado with a spoon.
- The egg should be poached. The best method is to spread a sheet of cling film over a small bowl and crack open the egg over the film, being careful not to break the yolk. Draw the cling film together and close with a twisty tie or a bag clip. Cook the cling film baggie in simmering water for 5 minutes. You should end up with a shape that perfectly fits the avocado.
- Carefully peel the poached egg and place it in one half of the avocado, then cover it with the other half.
- Now wrap the two halves together with slices of bacon, fully covering the exposed avocado flesh. Then, brown the bacon on all sides in a frying pan with just a touch of oil to keep it from sticking. Your Green Egg & Ham is now ready to be served!
10. BBQ Swineapple
- 1 pineapple
- 7 oz chicken breast in 3 strips
- 10 oz bacon
For the chicken breast:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
For the pineapple:
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
For the bacon:
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Shuck and core the pineapple, retaining the top and bottom for later use. For your final result, it's important that a sturdy cylinder of the fruit remains. Use a long knife to remove the core.
- Cut the chicken breast into three equal strips and marinate in mixture of oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Stuff the marinated chicken strips in the center hole of the pineapple and then season the outside walls with paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Now the seasoned pineapple gets wrapped in bacon strips. You can affix these with help of toothpicks. Next, coat the bacon strips with barbeque sauce.
- Reaffix the set aside top and bottom to each end of the pineapple and secure with skewers.
- Set the fully assembled pineapple on the grill and let it cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
11. Bacon-wrapped Salami Baguette
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 12 oz salami
- 5 oz grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 7 oz cheese slices
- 12-13 oz bacon
- Slice the baguette lengthwise but take care not to cut it all the way through. The two halves should still be connected.
- Spread the mayo along the inner length of baguette and then lay one third of your salami slices on top of the mayo. Sprinkle half the grated mozzarella over the salami, followed by another third of the salami. Now smear half the ketchup over the top layer of salami and place the cheese slices along the baguette over the ketchup. Smear the rest of the ketchup and mayo and then place the last slices of salami on top. Finally, cover these with the rest of the mozzarella and press the baguette carefully together.
- Place the strips of bacon lengthwise, overlapping each other, on a flat surface and put the baguette on top of them. Now begin wrapping the baguette with bacon. Bake the whole thing in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes at 340°F.
They all look so tasty! Now you're just left with the difficult decision of which one to prepare first. Just deciding to prepare them all at the same time is maybe not the best idea. You should pay some attention to your health after all... ;)