Bacon Potato Loaf: The Ultimate Comfort Food
The carnivores among us are never slow to argue that everything tastes better if you add a litte meat. That's definitely the case when it comes to this recipe. Though when we say "a little"...
- 2.2 lbs potatoes, cooked
- ⅗ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 1½ cups parmesan, grated
- salt, pepper
- 10.5 oz bacon, in slices
- 8.8 oz Swiss cheese, cubed
- First, mash the potatoes, then add the flour, egg, butter and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, line a ring mold pan with half of the bacon so that the slices overlap, and cover the inner and outer walls of the pan.
- Now distribute about two thirds of the potato mix evenly over the bacon and use a spoon to create a furrow in the potato all the way round the pan.
- Place the cubes of Swiss cheese in the furrow, then add the rest of the potato on top and smooth it flat.
- Add another layer of bacon on top of this and then bake the whole thing for 35 minutes at 320°F.
What could be a better on a cold day than cheesy potato wrapped in bacon? This classic combination works as part of a main meal or something to share at a party. So why not give the Bacon and Potato Loaf a try!