Bacon Cheeseburger Onion Rings: Your Favorite Meal In One Crispy Bite
There's no faster pick-me-up than a juicy bacon cheeseburger with a massive side of onion rings. The classic American diner dish is the ultimate definition of comfort food, and for good reason. Crunchy bacon, melted cheese, tender beef, and crisp onions... just thinking about it is enough to make your mouth water! Because time is of the essence when you're looking to lift your spirits, we've combined the best of both worlds into one unbelievably delicious dish.
You'll Need (for 2):
- 14 oz beef steak
- salt & pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 pieces of cheddar cheese
- 10 cooked bacon slices
- 2 mozzarella pearls
- 4 oz flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz French fried onions
- oil for frying
1. Mince the beef steak with a sharp knife.
2. Tenderize the meat with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
3. Take a handful of the beef and flatten it with your hands.
4. Peel the onion, cut off the ends, and slice thick pieces.
5. Place an onion ring in the center of the meat. Cut the cheddar cheese so that it is the same height as the onion ring and place the cheese pieces around the inner wall of the onion ring.
6. Put a smaller onion ring in the middle.
7. Place a cooked slice of bacon inside the smaller onion ring, followed by an even smaller onion ring, followed by a mozzarella pearl.
8. Cover the layered onion rings with 3 cooked bacon slices and wrap the ends under the onion rings.
9. Take a second handful of beef, flatten it, and place it on top of the bacon-wrapped onion rings.
10. Seal the top and bottom layers of beef so that the center is fully covered.
11. Roll the stuffed beef patty in flour.
12. Whisk 2 eggs and dip the floured beef patty in the egg mixture.
13. Dredge the beef patty in crispy French fried onions.
14. Fry the bacon cheeseburger onion ring in a pot of oil (heated to about 350°F) for about 45 seconds.
Try experimenting with different ingredients to get a taste of your favorite burger: add barbecue sauce for BBQ bacon cheeseburger onion rings; throw in some macaroni and cheese for mac & cheese burger onions rings; or swap out the beef for chicken if you're craving some chicken burger onion rings.
You can find the recipe for the Cheeseburger Balls featured in the bonus video here.