Weave Some Magic In The Kitchen With The Bacon & Potato Pie
Take all your favorite ingredients — cheese, eggs, and bacon — and turn them into a dish that'll have your guests oohing and aahing at the dinner table. For the eye-catching, woven "crust" of this delicious pie, all you have to do is work some magic with strips of tasty bacon. It may seem elaborate, but it's actually really simple. Take a look!
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 15 fl oz milk
- 2 tbsp spring onion, in rings
- 5 slices of fried, cut up bacon
- 8 oz shredded cheddar
- 4 medium-sized cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 portion pie crust
- 20 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Break open the eggs and season them. Add milk and mix the ingredients. Add the spring onions, bacon cubes, cheddar and potatoes to the mix. Carefully fold the ingredients into the egg mix.
- Place the pie crust into a quiche pan, press down on it at the edges and cut away any excess dough.
- Pour the egg mix on top of the pie crust and spread it out with a spoon. Bake it at 320°F for 60 minutes.
- After baking, weave bacon on top of the pie. Here's how to do it: first lay a horizontal slice on the upper edge of the pan; place a second slice vertically on top. Fold back the horizontal slice over the vertical one. Now place a second vertical slice right next to the first one and fold the horizontal slice back again. Weave the rest of the bacon going by this principle until the surface is fully covered. Cut away any excess bacon.
- Spread barbecue sauce on the bacon and bake the pie at 320°F for 30 minutes.
Patience is not only important for the weaving process — you'll also have to show plenty of self-discipline when wonderfully smokey aromas start to fill your kitchen. Those of you who can resist will be rewarded with a delicately crispy bacon pie crust like no other. Enjoy!