Throw A Fiesta For This Chicken Avocado Fiesta Salad
The avocado is very trendy, with one reason being that it's very healthy thanks to its many unsaturated fatty acids. But avocado toast is so boring, and indeed the berry (yes, the avocado belongs to the berry family! ) is more versatile than many believe, so why not try a refreshing avocado salad? You'll love it even more after seeing it's served in an edible tortilla bowl!
For the salad:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 avocados
- 1 precooked corncob
- 2 tbsp Schives
- 1 tbsp dill
- sour cream
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the tortilla bowl:
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 3½ oz cheddar cheese
1. Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and fry them in the pan. Add the cooked meat to a medium-sized bowl.
2. Fry the bacon slices until brown and crispy. Chop the slices into small bacon bits and add them to the bowl.
3. Cut the avocados into cubes and add them to the bowl.
4. Hold the corncob vertically on a slip-proof cutting board and cut the the corn kernels from top to bottom around the sides with a sharp knife. Then cut the corn into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
5. Dice the chives and add them to the rest of the salad ingredients in the bowl.
6. Now it's time to make the salad dressing. First roll the lemon under the palm of your hand with a little pressure on your work surface. Prick the stem end of the lemon with a toothpick and squeeze the juice into a separate container. Add salt, pepper, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and stir the dressing with a fork or whisk. Pour the dressing over the salad and add the 1 tablespoon of dill.
7. While the salad marinates, go ahead and take care of the edible tortilla bowl. Brush the inside of a heat-resistant glass bowl with oil and place the first tortilla in the bowl so that the shape more or less adheres to the bowl. Line the top of the tortilla with cheddar cheese slices and then place the second tortilla on top. Cook the entire thing for 7 minutes in a preheated oven set to 350°F. Remove the glass bowl from the oven and let it cool before removing the tortilla bowl.
8. Add the salad to the tortilla bowl, and ta-da! You're ready to enjoy a fresh summer salad, no matter what time of year.
This avocado salad works great as a meat or vegetarian dish, so feel free to get creative and add whatever ingredients you want to spruce up the meal.