Avocado Egg in Toast: Filled With Egg & Topped With Cheese
Nothing beats a nice piece of freshly baked white bread and that priceless sensation of biting through the firm crust to get to that soft, fluffy goodness in the middle. And as good as it is on its own, adding some fresh toppings to make a sumptuous sandwich or a warm and tangy grilled cheese can really give your taste buds a treat. But if you're a bit tired of the the same old thing, here's a whole new way to enjoy homemade bread that you might not have thought of.
You'll need (for 2 portions):
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of bread
- oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- spring onions, chopped
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Now cut a thick slice from each half and remove the skin.
2. Lay the avocado slices on the bread slices and cut the bread around the avocado so it fits into the hole.
3. Fry the bread slices in a pan for about two minutes.
4. When one side is done, turn the bread over and place the avocado slice in the hole. Now add the egg to the avocado along with some salt and pepper. Sprinkle some cheese on the bread, cover the pan and let it fry for about 7 minutes.
5. When they're done, remove them from the pan, add some chopped spring onion and serve.
The crust will end up nice and crunchy while the inside retains that classic softness. It not only tastes good, it looks good too. Nothing left to do but dig in and enjoy the most unique piece of toast you've probably ever had!