Chocolate & Avocado Come Together To Create An Irresistible Delight
Chocolate is always a good thing. Whether enjoyed in pies, cakes, cookies, or even in a piping hot mug, most people simply cannot resist. Now there's a new recipe for chocolate cookies, and this time with a twist! A special ingredient works to ensure that these cookies remain irresistibly soft.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 oz avocado
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz melted chocolate
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, avocado, and egg. Using a mixer, beat the ingredients together until smooth.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the second bowl and mix together.
- Now add the almond milk and stir one last time.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, and then form your dough into a thick rope. Cut the dough into sections about half an inch wide.
- Place the sections onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- The cookies will not harden but rather remain very soft. This makes for an even tastier treat with less crumbs!
Check out the instructional video here:
With the addition coconut oil, avocado, and almond milk, these delightful treats are a healthier version of the average chocolate cookie. They're also not so hard on the stomach. Oh my goodness, what a perfect excuse to eat them all in one sitting!