Serve this apple upside down cake at your next gathering!
Baking a cake is normally quite the process, involving several bowls, an oven, icing, decorations and the list goes on! With the following recipe, you won't need to worry about icing because this cake is sweet all on its own. And if that weren't enough, it only requires a pot and a few ingredients. That's right, apple upside down cake is cooked right on the stove! Curious?
You will need:
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Remove the apple core and cut the apple into small pieces.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and 1/4 cup of sugar until foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and the cinnamon.
- Using a sifter, add the flour, ground almonds, and baking powder to the egg mixture. Now add the melted butter and mix all together to form a smooth dough.
- Place the other 1/4 cup of sugar into a pot and heat until the sugar begins to caramelize.
- Add the apples and raisins to the pot and mix.
- Now pour the dough into the pot and cover with a lid. Be sure not to stir the ingredients together!
- Allow the cake to cook on low heat for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if the cake is done, before flipping it onto a large plate.
Reveal the final, spectacular result once your guests have arrived! If you're impressed by the way this cake looks, just wait until you taste it! Upside down never felt so right.