Mini Apple Strudel Rolls Make For A Great Baked Treat
Making a speedier version of apple strudel using ready-made pastry certainly cuts down on the preparation time, but definitely not on the great taste. Rummage around in the cupboard and get your muffin pan out, because you're going to need it!
You'll Need (for 6 portions):
- 3 apples
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 oz flaked almonds
- puff pastry
- some cream
- pudding powder mix
- 8.5 fl oz milk
- 1 beaten egg
- Peel and core the apples, then cut them into small cubes. Mix them with the sugar, lemon juice and flaked almonds.
- Lay the pastry out on a work surface covered with flour and roll it out even further. Cut the dough in thirds widthwise and brush over it with the cream. Divide the apple filling between the dough strips, spreading it about three quarters of the way along each of them. Take care to leave a border of dough above and below the filling.
- Roll the dough together, the empty section of dough will form the end. Press the dough together to close the open ends of the roll. Then cut the rolls in half and place them — open end up — in a muffin pan.
- Mix the pudding powder into the milk with a whisk, then pour it over the rolls.
- Finally, brush the top of the rolls with the egg, then bake them in a convection oven for 30 minutes at 360°F.
Don't miss out — you can always try serving these mini rolls with pudding, vanilla sauce, or ice cream. Yes, less is often more, but when it comes to desserts, that's definitely not the case!