Apple Cinnamon Rolls — The Perfect Way To Warm Up
While the colder months contain their own special brand of magic, there are some things that no one really enjoys, like the wind freezing your ears or regretting your sock choice after stepping into a cold puddle. Because your mood can often drop as quickly as the temperature outside, there's no better way to cheer up than by enjoying a sweet warm treat, right out of the oven. Nothing goes better with fall than apples and cinnamon!
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 diced apple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
For the crust:
- 4 pieces of sliced bread
- melted butter
- cinnamon-sugar mix
- Put the sugar into a pot and allow it to caramelize. Add the apple, water, and starch and cook until the ingredients reach a thick consistency.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices and using a rolling pin, carefully roll each slice until it becomes flat and thin.
- Distribute the apple filling on one side of each slice of bread, and roll it up tightly.
- Place the rolls into a baking pan, and brush with melted butter. As a finishing touch, sprinkle a genreous amount of cinnamon-sugar mix on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 355°F until golden brown.
Not matter how strong the wind or how big the puddle, all worries melt away when you're cozied up by the fire, eating a warm apple cinnamon roll. Enjoy!