Warm apple croissants like you've never tasted before
Who doesn't love a golden, flaky croissant? Better yet, who doesn't love a golden, flaky croissant with a warm apple filling? Whether enjoyed plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this treat proves simply irresistible. Go ahead and satisfy your sweet tooth at home with this recipe. You will not be disappointed!
You will need:
- 1 large apple
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sprite
- First, peel your apple.
- Cut the apple into eighths and remove the core.
- Roll out the dough and split into eight triangles, although the sections are usually already marked for you! Now roll each apple slice in one section of the dough.
- Make sure that the ends of the pastry dough are closed around the apple. That way, everything stays in its proper place once cooked!
- Melt the butter in a pot. Stir in the cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract once the butter is melted.
- Once everything is blended together, take the pot off the stove and stir once again until smooth.
- Place your apple croissants in an ovenproof dish. Pour the butter mixture evenly over the croissants.
- Now for the secret ingredient: Gently pour the Sprite over the croissants. This will guarantee a light, citrusy flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Now you can add whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
This is honestly one of the tastiest things you can do with apples. But beware: increased risk of addiction!