Apple Cinnamon Rolls Like You've Never Had Them Before
Fancy a quick sweet snack this evening? Then boy, do we have a surprise for you!
- 3 green apples
- 3 red apples
- wheat dough
- 3½ oz very cold butter
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 oz icing sugar
1. Remove the top quarter of each apple and hollow the fruit out using a small spoon. Cut the apple tops into small pieces.
2. Transfer the inside of the apple to a bowl and puree it into a smooth apple sauce.
3. Fill the hollowed-out apples with the sauce.
4. Roll the wheat dough out on a chopping board. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle it on the dough. Add the pieces of apple on top and grate on the cold butter. It looks like a pizza, right?
5. Roll up the dough and cut it into 6 equally-thick slices using a large knife.
6. Insert the rolls into the hollowed-out apples and brush on some egg yolk.
7. Bake the apple and cinnamon rolls at 350°F for 30 minutes.
As you can see, these delicious Apple & Cinnamon Rolls make the perfect coffee time accompaniment. Enjoy!
You can find the recipe for the Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie featured in the bonus video here.