These cinnamon apple rings are an absolute delight for your taste buds!
If you're in the mood for a sweet and tasty treat this summer, cinnamon apple rings might be just what you're looking for. Just like your classic "onion ring" but with a fruity twist, it will leave you wanting more - a lot more! Check it out:
You'll need the following ingredients:
- 3-5 large apples
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/8 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Here's what you do:
- Wash the apples and cut them into thick slices.
- Remove the core of the apple so that just a thin ring remains. You can cut it out with a glass.
- Dab the apples with a paper towel so that excess moisture is absorbed and the outer coating holds better.
- Beat the egg and mix it in with the buttermilk.
- Mix together the flour, 1/8 cup of sugar, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Now mix the wet and dry ingredients. Stir well so that no clumps form!
- Heat up some oil. You won't need a pot full of oil, the rings can also be fried in a pan with a thin layer of oil.
- Dip both sides of the apple rings into the batter and fry them until they are golden brown. Using paper towel, dab away any excess fat.
- Meanwhile mix together 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and coat the apple rings with them. Bon appétit!
Here is a video guide to the delicious recipe:
You could wolf down a whole bowl of these delicious rings. But that might give you a stomach ache so maybe it's best to share with your friends. And when the bowl is empty, you can easily make some more in no time!