Accordion Cake: It's Like Beautiful Music For Your Taste Buds
If you take a stroll through the cobblestoned streets of Europe, at some point you're bound to hear the unmistakeable sound of an accordion filling the air. It's a warm, homey kind of sound that is guaranteed to put on a smile on your face, and when you hear it years later you'll be transported back to the romantic ambience of the old world. And now we've come up with a way for you to let your taste buds enjoy this feeling as well with this baked musical delight: the Accordion Cake.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- chocolate syrup
- fresh berries (e.g. raspberries, blueberries)
1. Melt the butter in a pot and add the sugar and milk. Heat all the ingredients.
2. Mix the flour, dry yeast, eggs and salt in a large bowl. Pour in the warm milk mix and knead it all into a smooth dough. Cover it and let it rise for one hour.
3. Roll out the dough to form a large rectangle and cover it with Nutella.
4. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares.
5. Now stack the squares on their sides in a baking pan. Bake at 300 °F for 40 minutes.
6. When you take it out of the oven, pour some chocolate syrup on top and garnish with fresh berries.
Now that you know the trick with the layered dough, you can try some other fillings. How about some caramel sauce or peanut butter? Whatever you try, you're guaranteed to produce a sweet treat that's like music for your taste buds... Enjoy!