6 Stuffed Bread Rolls | Mini Meatball Subs, BBQ Pulled Chicken, Spicy Tex-Mex, And More!
It's fun to have a big gathering with friends and family, but it can stressful to make a menu that caters to everyone's tastes. From now on, we've got you covered! Our stuffed bread rolls are the perfect crowd-pleasing snack for your next big bash. Row upon row of homemade rolls are stuffed with 6 savory fillings that range from cheesy to spicy and back again. There are plenty of options, each one as delicious as the last! Whether your guests prefer the meatball sub, BBQ pulled chicken, or spicy Tex-Mex version, there's more than enough to go around!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the bread rolls:
- 13 cups flour
- 3½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 packets dry yeast (approx. ½ oz)
- 1 tbsp salt
- milk for moistening the dough
For the mini meatball subs:
- tomato sauce
- shredded parmesan cheese
- lettuce + cherry tomatoes for the topping
For the BBQ pulled chicken rolls:
- pulled chicken, cooked
- BBQ sauce
- mozzarella pearls
- chopped basil for the topping
For the spicy steak bite rolls:
- steak bites, seared
- chili sauce
- sliced bell peppers, grilled
- sliced red onion for the topping
For the cheesy jalapeño rolls:
- cream cheese
- jalapeños, sliced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- bread crumbs
- sliced jalapeño for the topping
For the chicken cordon bleu rolls:
- chicken tenders
- sliced ham
- Swiss cheese, sliced
- chopped parsley for the topping
For the beef taco rolls:
- ground beef, browned
- taco seasoning
- sweet corn
- black or kidney beans
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- chopped avocado + chopped tomato + sour cream for the topping
1. For the bread rolls, stir together the dry yeast and lukewarm water until the yeast has dissolved. Combine the salt and flour in a large mixing bowl, add in the yeast mixture, and knead everything by hand until a smooth dough forms. Once the dough is ready, cover the mixing bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes until it has doubled in size.
2. Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil, roll the dough into 24 small balls, and place them side by side on the greased baking tray. Cover the balls of dough with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Brush milk over the surface of the balls of dough, transfer the baking tray to the oven alongside a heat-resistant bowl filled with water to keep the rolls moist, and bake at 450°F for 20 minutes. Once the rolls are done baking, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely.
4. Once the rolls have cooled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out a hole in the center of each roll.
5. Fill the first row of 4 rolls with the filling for the mini meatball subs: meatballs, tomato sauce, and shredded parmesan cheese.
6. Fill the next row with the filling for the BBQ pulled chicken rolls: cooked pulled chicken, BBQ sauce, and mozzarella pearls.
7. Fill the following row with the filling for the spicy steak bite rolls: seared steak bites, chili sauce, and slices of grilled bell peppers.
8. Fill the following row with the filling for the cheesy jalapeño rolls: cream cheese, sliced jalapeño, shredded cheddar cheese, and bread crumbs.
9. Fill the following row with the filling for the chicken cordon bleu rolls: bite-sized pieces of chicken tenders, slices of cooked ham, and slices of Swiss cheese.
10. Fill the final row with the filling for the beef taco rolls: taco meat (ground beef cooked with sweet corn, black or kidney beans, and taco seasoning), salsa, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer the baking tray to the oven and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the stuffed bread rolls from the oven and sprinkle the toppings for each flavor (listed in the ingredients list) on top.
There's a snack for everyone with these 6 delicious flavor combinations. Feel free to adjust the fillings to your own taste, and have fun serving these delicious party snacks!
Get the recipe for the Grilled Party Paninis featured in the bonus video.