6 Quick And Easy Pasta Pizza Snacks On A Stick
There are tons of popular ways to serve pasta: pasta with a delicious homemade sauce, baked pasta dinners, pasta salad, the list goes on and on! But pasta doesn't have to be served as a huge main course. It's a versatile enough ingredient that you can also enjoy it as a tasty snack! These quick & easy baked pasta pizza snacks on a stick are a fun new way to serve pasta as an appetizer or quick snack. Skewer some cooked penne pasta, dress it up like a pizza using tomato sauce and cheese, add your favorite toppings, and bake everything in the oven for an irresistible, sharable, dippable snack! Everyone loves pasta and everyone loves pizza, so you do the math!
Prep Time: 10–20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10–25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the penne pizza crust:
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 oz Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 6 wooden skewers
For the breakfast pasta pizza stick:
- scrambled eggs (eggs + heavy cream + salt & pepper)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped scallions
- bacon, chopped & fried
For the Tex-Mex pasta pizza stick:
- mini meatballs (ground beef + paprika + diced red onion + salt & pepper), fried
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- kidney or black beans
- chili pepper, sliced
For the caprese pasta pizza stick:
- 1 mozzarella ball
- fresh basil
For the pepperoni pasta pizza stick:
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- green bell pepper, diced
- baby corn, sliced & cooked
- mini pepperoni, sliced
For the spinach & feta pasta pizza stick:
- crumbled feta cheese
- spinach, sautéed
- pine nuts
For the Hawaiian pasta pizza stick:
- crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- cooked ham, sliced
- pineapple, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking tray with parchment paper, and boil the penne pasta in salted water. Once the penne pasta has cooked, drain it, mix it with some vegetable oil, and let it cool. Cut the Monterey Jack cheese into narrow slices and insert 1 slice into each noodle. Stack approximately 15 stuffed penne noodles onto each of the 6 wooden skewers and transfer the skewers to the baking tray.
2. Spoon some tomato sauce onto each of the pasta sticks, then top each pasta pizza stick off with 1 of the topping combinations, making 6 different pasta pizza sticks in total. Transfer the baking tray to the oven and bake the pasta pizza sticks at 350°F for 10 minutes.
These 6 pasta pizza sticks are delicious, easy appetizers for any occasion. Feel free to come up with flavor combinations of your own or to serve these delicious snacks with different dipping sauces. Pizza and pasta are so much better when they're together!
Get the recipe for the Zucchini Pasta Skewers featured in the bonus video.