XXL Bagel Sandwiches 3 Ways | Breakfast, Peanut Butter And Jelly, And Veggie Delight Bagel Sandwiches
Bagels are a classic breakfast staple that nobody could live without. Plain bagels toasted with butter, everything bagels slathered in cream cheese, or sesame bagels loaded up with delicious toppings for lunch – nobody can deny that the bagel is as versatile as it is delicious. We just can't get enough of 'em, so we decided to make their size and flavor even bigger and better. As you can probably tell, our recipe isn't for just your standard, everyday bagel – we went HUGE and and created an XXL bagel. But while we were trying to find toppings as epic as the bagel itself, we just couldn't make up our minds! So we came up with 3 mega delicious bagel sandwiches, served XXL-style so that you can feed the whole family or all of your friends at your next big brunch. You'll never serve breakfast the same way again!
Prep Time: 50–75 minutes
Cooking Time: 105 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the XXL bagels:
- 12½ cups flour
- 3¾ cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 packets of dry yeast (¾ oz)
- ½ stick butter
- sesame seeds for the topping
- 1 pinch of salt
For the breakfast bagel:
- 2 cans of baked beans
- 10 eggs + 1 bunch of chopped chives for the scrambled eggs
- 15 strips of bacon, fried
- 6 breakfast sausages, fried
For the PB&J bagel:
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 3 cups strawberry jam
- 3½ cups peanuts
For the veggie delight bagel:
- 4 cups chive & onion cream cheese
- 2 eggplants, halved & fried
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced & fried
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease 3 large bundt cake pans. To make the XXL bagel, heat the milk up in a saucepan until it becomes warm, then stir in the sugar and dry yeast. Once combined, add in the flour, salt, and butter, then knead the mixture until a smooth dough forms. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Once the dough has risen, divide it into 3 equal segments and roll each one out into a thick log. Place each log of dough in a greased bundt cake pan, forming a circle with the dough. Brush milk over the surface of the dough and sprinkle sesame seeds on top, then transfer the bundt cake pan to the oven and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
2. For the breakfast bagel, scramble the eggs and mix them with chopped chives, fry the breakfast sausages and bacon, and heat up the baked beans. Cut 1 of the baked XXL bagels in half and spoon the baked beans onto the lower half. Add a layer of scrambled eggs on top of the beans, then place the slices of bacon and breakfast sausages on top.
3. Press the top half of the bagel on top of the filling, cut the XXL breakfast bagel into segments, and dig in!
4. For the PB&J bagel, cut a baked bagel in half and spread peanut butter on the lower half. Place a layer of fresh strawberries on top of the layer of peanut butter, add a layer of strawberry jam, and sprinkle peanuts on top.
5. Press the top half of the bagel on top of the fillings, cut the XXL breakfast bagel into segments, and grab a piece as quickly as you can, before they all disappear!
6. For the veggie delight bagel, cut the baked bagel in half and remove the top. Cut the eggplants in half and slice the zucchinis, then fry them. Slice the yellow bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes, then spread chive & onion cream cheese on the bottom half of the bagel. Top the layer of cream cheese off with the prepared vegetables.
7. Spread chive & onion cream cheese on the top half of the bagel, press the top half of the bagel on top of the fillings, cut the XXL breakfast bagel into segments, and enjoy!
These enormous bagel sandwiches are a fun and easy way to impress your guests the next time you host a breakfast or brunch. There's more than enough delicious bagel sandwiches to go around!