Neapolitan 3 Layer Chocolate Cups Filled With Strawberry Mousse
Have you ever tried ruby chocolate? The chocolate comes from the ruby cocoa bean, which is pink and has a very unique taste – perfect for our colorful dessert! These delicious 3 layer edible cups are not only a real eye-catcher, but just one bite of the strawberries and cream filling and you'll swear you died and went to heaven!
For the chocolate cups:
- 12 oz ruby chocolate (or white chocolate dyed pink)
- 12 oz milk chocolate
- 12 oz white chocolate
For the filling:
- 16 oz strawberry syrup
- 3 oz white chocolate
- 10 oz whipped cream
- strawberries and mint leaves to garnish
- 3 plastic cups (6-8 fl oz)
- 3 empty bottles
1. Melt and temper all three chocolates. Place two fingers into one of the plastic cups and dip it bottom first in the pink chocolate.
2. Quickly flip the cup over and place it on the neck of a bottle so that the excess chocolate can drain off and the shell can harden. Repeat with the other two cups.
3. Now dip the hardened pink chocolate cups into the melted milk chocolate and place them once again on the bottle necks to solidly.
4. Finally, repeat the process once more with the melted white chocolate.
5. Once the last layer has set, cut the chocolate around the upper edge of the cup off with a knife so that you can easily loosen the cup from the solidified chocolate.
6. Heat the strawberry syrup over medium heat, add the white chocolate, let it melt, and mix well. Let the mixture cool before folding in the whipped cream. Spoon the finished strawberry mousse into a piping bag.
7. Pipe the strawberry mousse into the Neapolitan chocolate cups and garnish with whipped cream, strawberries, strawberry syrup, and a little mint.
These delicious chocolate cups are the perfect dessert for summer. Fruity fresh with whipped cream and three different types of chocolate – it's simply heavenly!
You can find the recipe for the Coca-Cola Bottle Cake featured in the bonus video here.