3 Eggcellent XXL Sandwiches Loaded With Steak, Bacon, And Camembert Cheese
What was first invented as a quick snack for a duke in England soon turned into one of the most beloved foods ever. To be honest, we don't even want to entertain the notion of a world without sandwiches in it. It's easy to make, it's versatile, you can customize it as much as you like, and put whatever toppings you feel like on it. If your fave sandwich is a classic club, we've got you covered. If you're into steak, don't worry, because we're serving steak sandwiches for dinner. And for all the cheese lovers, we're also making a sandwich with camembert, caramelized apple rings, and cranberries. Name a more iconic trio!
- 9 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 stick of frozen butter
For the steak sandwich:
- steak, fried and cut into strips
- red onion, cut into rings, fried, and finished with balsamic vinegar
- red & yellow bell peppers, grilled
- fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- steak sauce
For the club sandwich:
- roasted chicken breast, shredded
- bacon strips, fried
- tomato slices
For the camembert sandwich:
- camembert cheese
- apple rings, salted & caramelized
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet (12 x 16 in) and preheat it in the oven. Mix the eggs with the milk, salt, pepper, and chives.
2. Take the baking sheet out of the oven, spread the egg mixture over it evenly, and then place the 12 slices of white bread on the tray. Grate the frozen stick of butter on the slices of white bread. Now put the tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Turn the baking sheet over while it's still hot, and cut everything crosswise into 3 strips.
4. Now you can put the toppings on your sandwiches. Place a slice of mozzarella and grilled peppers on each of the two middle slices of the first strip.
5. Fold the two outer slices onto the two middle slices.
6. Put steak sauce on top of one piece of bread and place the fried steak strips and sauteed onions on top.
7. Now fold the two already folded pieces of bread onto the rest and fix the whole thing with wooden skewers, and you're done with the first scrumptious giant sandwich!
8. Place some lettuce on each of the middle pieces of bread of the second bread strip, then put some of the fried and shredded chicken breast on top of the lettuce and fold the outer pieces of bread onto the ones in the center again.
9. Spread mayonnaise on top of both pieces of bread and put the fried bacon on top. One half also gets topped with a slice of tomato before it's folded again, using the skewers to hold everything in place.
10. Cut a camembert wheel in half lengthwise and place both halves on top of the middle two pieces of bread in the third bread strip.
11. Fold the two outer pieces of bread and the ones with the toppings together. Use wooden skewers to fix everything, then cut all the sandwiches diagonally.
Wow, these sandwiches are thick! We simply can't get enough of them, and we're almost certain you won't, either. Which one is your favorite? Enjoy and bon appetit!
Get the recipes for the Party Paninis featured in the bonus video.