Pull-Apart Garlic Bread Rolls With 3 Tasty Fillings: Cheddar, Bacon Mozzarella, And Olive Feta
Raise your hand if you love garlic! This recipe is perfect for anyone with a deep appreciation of those yummy cloves. And what better way to consume as much garlic as possible than in the form of garlic bread? An absolute must as a side for lasagna and other classic Italian dishes, we wanted to really let the bread itself shine, so we went ahead and gave it a fun twist by stuffing it with cheddar, mozzarella, olives, and bacon. Not only are these rolls super garlicky and delish, they're also stuffed to the gills with ooey, gooey, creamy cheese. What more could you want?!
For the dough:
- ¾ cup lukewarm milk
- 1¼ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 6¼ cups flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella to fill the gaps
- 1 whisked egg for the egg wash
For the cheddar filling:
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the bacon mozzarella filling:
- 4 oz bacon, cooked & diced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
For the feta olive filling:
- 2 oz feta cheese, chopped
- 8 large black olives, halved
For the garlic sauce:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
1. For the dough, mix the flour and dry yeast. In a bowl, mix the milk and water and dissolve the sugar and salt in it. Add the flour-yeast mixture and knead everything into a soft, sticky dough. Add the vegetable oil once you're done kneading. Grease your hands and the bowl with vegetable oil and form the dough into a ball. Transfer the dough to the greased bowl, cover with a dishcloth, and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
2. Grease your hands again and form the dough into small, even pieces.
3. Now you can fill the dough balls with one of 3 fillings. For the first filling, put some bacon and shredded mozzarella in the middle of a piece of dough, close the dough around the filling, and form it into a ball.
4. For the second filling, repeat the process with the halved olives and chopped feta. For the third filling, repeat the process with the shredded cheddar.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F and distribute the balls in a greased cast-iron skillet. Fill the gaps between the dough balls with shredded mozzarella. Cover the skillet with a dishcloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Brush the egg wash over the dough balls, put the skillet in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
6. In the meantime, you can get started on the garlic sauce. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix with an immersion blender into a homogeneous sauce. Once the bread is done baking, spread the garlic sauce all over the warm buns.
Can you already smell the scent of garlic wafting through the air? Then it's high time you made these tasty stuffed garlic rolls! They're the perfect snack for movie night, but they're also a fantastic side for your next barbecue. Let's do this!
Get the recipe for the Chicken & Cheese Pull-Apart Bread featured in the bonus video.