Loaded Burger Bun Tacos 10 Ways
Everyone loves burgers and everyone loves tacos, so what better idea than to combine the 2?! The taco's easy-to-eat format coupled with with the hamburger's delicious toasted bun and wide variety of toppings make them the perfect pair! These 10 recipes for burger bun tacos will show you a whole new way to eat your hamburger buns. They make the perfect snack or meal when you're on-the-go. Try out all of our fillings or feel free to get creative and make up flavor combinations of your own. You'll never go back to eating traditional tacos or boring burgers again!
Yield: 1 per recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the burger bun taco shells:
- ½ hamburger bun
For the classic cheeseburger taco:
- ground beef, fried
- red onion, sliced
For the Tex-Mex burger taco:
- ground beef + corn + black beans for the taco meat
- sour cream & onion dip
- avocado, sliced
For the hot dog burger taco:
- 1 hot dog, cooked
- crispy fried onions
For the Mediterranean burger taco:
- tzaziki sauce
- eggplant, sliced & grilled
- zucchini, sliced & grilled
- roasted red peppers
- feta cheese
For the caprese burger taco:
- tomato, chopped
- 1 mozzarella ball, broken into small pieces
- balsamic glaze
- pine nuts
For the halloumi burger taco:
- halloumi cheese
- banana peppers
- sun-dried tomato pesto
- sliced black olives
For the salmon burger taco:
- slices of salmon
- honey mustard sauce
For the German sausage burger taco:
- 1 sausage, cooked
- scallions, chopped
For the pumpkin & goat cheese burger taco:
- pumpkin, sliced & roasted
- goat cheese
- chopped pecans
For the Asian fusion burger taco:
- pulled pork, cooked & seasoned
- hoisin sauce
- sesame seeds
- 2 glasses
- frying pan & lid
1. For the burger bun taco shells, cut a hamburger bun in half, then melt some butter a frying pan. Place ½ of the hamburger bun in the frying pan, making sure the cut side is facing down. Toast the bun until it's golden brown, then flip it over.
2. Press down the hamburger bun with a spatula to flatten it. If the recipe calls for cheese, place 1 slice of cheese on top, then cover the frying pan with a lid to melt it.
3. While the hamburger bun taco shell is heating up, place 2 glasses face down on a cutting board, then wedge the toasted hamburger bun between the 2 glasses, cheesy side facing up.
4. Let the hamburger bun cool so that it becomes the shape of a taco shell, then fill it with the ingredients of your choice. For the classic cheeseburger taco, melt cheddar cheese on the hamburger bun taco shell and fill it with with ground beef, lettuce, sliced red onion, and ketchup.
5. For the Tex-Mex burger taco, cook the ground beef together with some corn and black beans, then season it with taco seasoning to make the taco meat. Fill the shell with the cooked taco meat, sour cream & onion dip, avocado, and jalapeños.
6. For the hot dog burger taco, fill the shell with 1 cooked hot dog, pickles, crispy fried onions, and mustard.
7. For the Mediterranean burger taco, fill it with tzatziki sauce, then place the grilled eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and feta cheese inside.
8. For the caprese taco burger, fill the shell with chopped tomato, pieces of fresh mozzarella, pesto, pine nuts, and top it off with a balsamic glaze.
9. For the halloumi taco burger, melt halloumi cheese in the hamburger bun, then fill the shell with sun-dried tomato pesto, banana peppers, and black olives.
10. For the salmon taco burger, fill the shell with slices of salmon, arugula, and top it off with honey mustard sauce.
11. For the German sausage taco burger, fill the shell with 1 cooked sausage, sauerkraut, mustard, and sliced scallions.
12. For the pumpkin & goat cheese burger taco, fill the shell with roasted pumpkin, goat cheese, thyme, and chopped pecans.
13. For the Asian fusion burger taco, fill the shell with pulled pork, kimchi, hoisin sauce, and top it off with sesame seeds.
There's a burger taco out there for everyone! These 10 different options are all delicious and make convenient snacks, easy appetizers, or quick meals. What a fun new way to eat all of your favorite foods!
Get the recipe for the Tortilla Wrap Hacks featured in the bonus video.