This watermelon lemonade is the perfect summer refreshment
There's nothing better than a refreshing drink on a hot day. Unfortunately, many ready-made lemonades (or limeades!) are either too sweet, or really expensive. And even though water is thirst-quenching, sometimes you just need something fruity. With this recipe, you can make a delightful summer drink at home with very simple ingredients, and no artificial sweeteners.
You will need:
- 1 Watermelon
- 7 Limes (4 cut into slices, 3 for squeezing)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- Cut the watermelon into small chunks.
- Using a mixer, puree the watermelon.
- Pour the pureed watermelon through a strainer and into a pitcher.
- In a larger pitcher, add the ice cubes and the juice of 3 limes. Add the lime slices, mint and honey.
- Now pour the strained watermelon puree over the ice.
Ta-da! A simple, healthy, and delicious summer drink that your friends and family are sure to love. Enjoy!