Conjure up something simply amazing with chicken, cheese, and chips
Feel like a crunchy-crispy snack that's not only delicious but also easy to make? Then these chicken rolls are just the thing. You only have to look at them to know. But when you bite into them you'll be simply elated. Mmm.
You'll need (for two portions):
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4.5 oz cheese
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs
- 4.5 oz tortilla chips
- salt and pepper
1. First, put the tortilla chips into a zip-lock freezer bag, closing it securely. Then roll over the bag with a rolling pin until the chips are well-crumbled.
2. Next, lay the chicken breast out on a plate with a smooth surface facing upward, and season it to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cut your piece of cheese into two finger-sized pieces. Place one on one end of the meat and roll the chicken up with the cheese wrapped firmly inside.
4. Prepare three dishes next to each other: one with the flour, the next with the egg (whisked), and the third with the crumbled chips.
5. Then rub all sides of the chicken roll in one plate after another — first flour, then egg, and finally chips.
6. Repeat all the steps for the second filet. Place both onto a pan and bake them in a preheated oven for 35 min at 355°F, with the air circulator on.
7. When they're finished, prepare to feast.
One appetizing shock comes when you first cut into them. Does anything look more inviting than melted cheese? And then...
...you taste them and the scrumptious flavor you imagined explodes in your mouth. Creamy — spicy — delicious!
Here's the video:
Who thought it would be so easy to conjure up a treat like this? And instead of oozing with frying grease, these are baked in the oven so they have fewer calories. Crunchy chicken and healthier too: double the pleasure!