Pour the cooked herbs onto the wraps. Fiery!
With this recipe, you can quickly and easily conjure up a Mexican-inspired dish for the dinner table. Following the instructions is easy, because you can use ready-made tortillas. This means you can focus on the heavenly chicken breast filling and the hot sauce — and you'll soon have a culinary firework in your kitchen!
You'll need (for 4 servings):
- 4 tortilla wraps
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 fl oz vegetable stock
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 21 oz diced chicken breast
- 1¾ oz finely chopped onion
- 1¾ oz finely chopped jalapeños
- salt, pepper
- 4¼ oz cooked black beans
- approx. 5 oz grated cheddar
- approx. 5 oz grated mozzarella
- freshly chopped cilantro
1. First mix the sauce: for this pour the oil in the pan, then add the flour, chili, cumin, honey, garlic and salt one after another. Briefly brown the mixture while stirring.
Stir in the vegetable stock with a whisk and let the sauce come to the boil, before taking it off the heat.
2. Brown the chicken in some oil in a non-stick pan, then cook it further with the onions and jalapeños, before seasoning the filling with salt and pepper and setting it to one side.
3. Now we can start filling the tortillas: spread each one with one to two tablespoons of the sauce then place a line of black beans along the middle. Add roughly a quarter of the cooked chicken on top of this.
Sprinkle on cheddar and mozzarella according to your taste, then fold in both sides of the tortilla. Place the filled tortilla in a heatproof dish big enough for all four, then prepare the other three as you did the first.
4. Now pour the rest of the sauce evenly over the tortillas, sprinkle more cheddar and mozzarella on top and then slide the dish into the oven. Bake your filled tortillas for eight minutes in a convection oven at 360°F.
5. Before serving, you can sprinkle chopped cilantro over the melted cheese.
Apart from this dish, the only things you need to attain true happiness are a warm summer evening, and a cold drink on the side. And your thoughts will soon turn to Mexican beaches...
But if a trip to take in the sun and sand is out of the question, you could always try our Chicken Fajita Quesadillas instead.