Fruity Strawberry Shortcake Meets Creamy No-Bake Cheesecake
Do you love strawberry shortcake? Who doesn’t! And we bet you love strawberry cheesecake just as much, if not more. Both are great, and even more so when you can whip them up without turning on the oven, which is exactly what this deliciously cool recipe has to offer. Another added bonus: now you can finally make use of that opened pack of cookies you have hanging around your kitchen.
For the cookie crumb base:
- 5⅓ oz butter cookies (or graham crackers)
- 1¾ oz melted butter
- 16 oz fresh strawberries
For the cream:
- 4¼ oz cream cheese
- 3½ oz powdered sugar
- 3½ oz heavy whipping cream
For the pudding layer:
- 10 fl oz milk
- 1 package strawberry pudding powder
- 5⅓ oz whipped cream
1. Set aside 5 strawberries for later and slice another 4 for the cream. Crush the cookies into fine crumbs in a bowl, set a few tablespoons aside for later, and then mix the melted butter together with the crumbs in the bowl.
2. Spread the cookie crumb base on the bottom of a baking dish, smooth it out, and refrigerate.
3. Stir the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and 4 crushed strawberries into a creamy mass and set aside.
4. Slice the remaining strawberries and spread them evenly over the cookie crumb base.
5. Stir the strawberry cream again and spread it over the strawberries. Smooth out the top and refrigerate once more.
6. Heat the milk on the stove and stir in the pudding powder. Let the pudding cool down and then spread it in a thick layer over the strawberry cream.
7. Spread whipped cream over the pudding layer and refrigerate the cake for 3 hours.
8. Finally, garnish this beauty with the cookies crumbs and 5 strawberries you set aside in the beginning.
Cool and creamy with a full strawberry flavor – it’s almost too beautiful to cut! Almost…