Perfect for two: Strawberry & Melon Wine Slushie
Summer may be almost over, but if you're still expecting a little more sunshine, this indulgent slushie is just the thing for staying refreshed. And there's more than enough for two, so you won't be short of company when keeping cool!
- 1 honeydew melon
- 10½ oz strawberries
- 3.3 fl oz vodka
- 2½ tbsp honey
- some mint leaves
- 6.75 fl oz sparkling wine
- Cut a thin slice from the underside of the melon, so that it'll stay standing upright. From the top side, cut a slice thick enough so that you can then hollow out the melon with a spoon. Throw away the seeds and put the flesh of the fruit in a blender.
- Add the strawberries, vodka and honey on top of the melon and mix the ingredients until they have a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a large ice cube tray. Place a mint leaf on top of each cube.
- As soon as the cubes are frozen, place them in the blender again with the sparkling wine and mix. Then pour everything back into the hull of the melon.
This is the ultimate way to keep your cool. And you can always try it with other fruit. If you're particularly thirsty, you could even try it with a watermelon — and a week's supply of sparkling wine! ;)