Sweet strawberry cream puffs: a seasonal delight!
Every year they hang plump and red in the garden: strawberries. Once they're ripe, you just can't get enough of them. Thus begins the season of making jams, pies and cakes! Here you will find another yummy idea: sweet cream puffs packed with red berry power!
You will need:
For the pastry:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
For the filling:
- strawberries (as many as you like!)
- whipped cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- First bring the butter, milk, water, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and add the flour. Mix well.
- Leave the pot on the stove to cook for 1-2 minutes more. Then remove the pot and let cool for a moment.
- Stir the eggs into the mixture, one after the other.
- With the help of a piping bag, squeeze your pastry dough onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Now bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- In the meantime, add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the whipped cream and mix well. This way, your whipped cream will taste even better! Additionally, cut the strawberries into thin slices.
- Once removed from the oven, be sure to use a toothpick to pierce the bottom of the pastry puffs. That way, hot air can escape and leave the puffs airy and delicate. Let them cool for just a moment.
- Cut the puffs open with a sharp knife, being careful not to flatten them. Using another piping bag, add the whipped cream. Now add a few slices of strawberry, perhaps another dollop of cream and then finally, the top of the puff.
Now enjoy! These cream puffs will certainly taste better than any you find at the bakery. They'll be baked with love, after all! They taste delicious using all kinds of fruit but remember not to overdo it, otherwise the top part of your puff won't stay put!