An old classic, done differently: spaghetti cake
There are certain songs that just never get old, even though they have been around forever. The same principle applies to food. At the top of the list of old favorites is spaghetti bolognese – a classic dish that's been enthusing people of all ages for generations! But as far as traditions go, there's always a little room to play! This recipe introduces a fun new spin on an old classic:
You will need:
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1.5 oz breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- 8.5 oz spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 oz grated parmesan
- 6 oz grated cheese
- 7 oz tomato sauce
- Mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, oregano, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 355°F.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti al dente in salt water and drain.
- Add the eggs, butter, and parmesan to the cooked pasta and mix well.
- On top of the baked beef, add a portion of the tomato sauce as well as a bit of the grated cheese of your choice. Now add the spaghetti, followed by the rest of the tomato sauce and cheese.
- Now bake the dish once more at the same temperature for 20 more minutes.
The ground beef at the bottom holds everything together, so nothing stands in the way of the perfect slice of cake! And if spaghetti noodles aren't your first choice, why not try this variation of a pasta cake? Enjoy!