Light and fruity: Raspberry Yogurt Mini Cakes
Looking to serve an impressive treat for your next party or gathering? No need to spend a fortune at a pastry shop or bakery. These beautiful mini cakes will light up any dessert table, and are sure to garner applause:
You will need (for 2 servings):
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 dissolved gelatin sheets
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 cup raspberry sauce
- Crush the Oreos and mix the crumbs with the milk.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, dissolved gelatin and stiffly beaten cream. Separate the mixture into three equal portions.
- Add 1/2 cup of raspberry sauce to one portion and 1/4 cup to the second. Mix well.
- Cut two strips of baking paper, each one about two cenitmeters wide. Place two overlapping strips into the bottom of a mug *, allowing the excess of paper to hang over the rim. Repeat with a second mug. Spoon the Oreo mixture in the bottom of each mug, followed by the darkest raspberry layer. Let chill. Repeat the process for the next two layers, with the white cream on top. Once finished, freeze the dessert for two hours. To serve, carefully pull the baking strips to remove the cakes. Drizzle with the leftover raspberry sauce.
* Alternatively, these mini spring form pans might come in mobile!
No oven necessary! If raspberries are not your cup of tea, feel free to experiment with other fruit sauces. Enjoy!