Pocky Stick Cake: A cute dessert with a delicious filling
Though it may look intricate, you don't need to be an expert chef to create this eye-catching cake. Indeed, the hardest thing will be stopping yourself snacking on those tasty Pocky sticks while building your masterpiece. But all that willpower will be worth it in the end...
For the dough:
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 eggs
For the filling:
- 1 cup Nutella
- ½ cup mascarpone
For the decoration:
- white and dark chocolate Pocky sticks
- ½ cup strawberries
- some fresh mint
- Add all the ingredients for the dough into a large bowl and mix them using an electric whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the dough mix into a springform cake pan that's anywhere from 5 to 8 inches in diameter. Bake the dough at 360°F for 15 minutes.
- As soon as the bottom has cooled, remove the cake from the springform and cut it into four slices of equal thickness.
- Mix the Nutella with the mascarpone and spread a thin layer between each slice as you build your cake back up. Use the rest of the mixture to cover the rest of the cake.
- For the decoration, arrange the dark and white chocolate Pocky sticks around the entire cake one after the other. Place the strawberries on top of the cake and finish with the mint leaves.
Once done, the Pocky Stick Cake is a real looker and will be sure to bring plenty of enjoyment to the dinner table. Before you can dig in though, you'll need some way of deciding who'll get the first slice. Pocky stick sword fight anyone?