This is the best reason to completely hollow out a loaf of bread. And it also makes the best party snack!
Oh that smell, when you get a fresh, oven-baked loaf from the baker! Still warm, the crust has a wonderful firmness that perfectly complements the soft and airy goodness within: what could be better? A loaf of fresh bread with pizza inside it, of course! Yes, you read that right, a pizza filling. Still having doubts? Watch the video and all will be revealed...
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 6 oz salami
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup smoked sausage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 1/2 oz cheddar cheese
- Cut the bread in two horizontally and hollow out the lower section.
- Brush pizza sauce onto the bottom, and spread the mozzarella slices on top of this. Then add a layer of salami slices, before scattering chopped onion on top of them. Add the basil leaves and then the smoked sausage on top of that. Cut the green pepper into strips and add that in too. Finally, sprinkle the lot with cheddar cheese.
- Place the upper "lid" of the bread back on top and wrap the whole thing in aluminum foil. Use a heavy wooden board to weigh the loaf down for a sew seconds. Then add more cheddar cheese on top, with a few more slices of sausage.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
So maybe you didn't make the bread from scratch, but now you know how to conjure up the truly mouthwatering snack that is the Pizza Bread Loaf. Sacrificing a loaf of fresh bread is definitely worth it. Share it with friends and convert them too!