A Mediterranean classic: Pasta Pomodoro with Chicken
In its homeland, pasta is usually served as a first course and followed by a heartier dish as the main course. But in the rest of the world, pasta has become a popular meal. And why not? It's easy to prepare and can be combined with all sorts of different sauces and toppings to create a vast array of tasty meals. For this recipe, however, we're going back to basics with a classic tomato topping — or "pomodoro" as they say in Italy — and adding something a little different... chicken!...
- 2 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 handfull basil, chopped
- 7 oz spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the washed cherry tomatoes in half and put them in a bowl. Mix in the garlic, olive oil and basil. Add some salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water and mix it with the tomato mixture.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and oregano, fry them, cut them into strips and add the strips to the noodles. Sprinkle on some parmesan and serve.
A tasty, healthy summer dinner doesn't get any quicker or easier. Try out some pizza pops as appetizers and some bottle tiramisu for dessert and transform your next meal into a trip to the sunny Mediterranean!