XXL Brie With Pasta Makes For a Hearty Main Course
You rarely see it and yet this delicacy is always around. What could it be be, except a gigantic cheese wheel! It has so many tasty possibilities, but you can't just throw it down in the middle of a cheese platter, so what other options do you have, especially if you're expecting a large group of people? Bake it and turn it into a fondue pot, of course – something which everyone will go crazy for!
- 1 large wheel of brie cheese
- 10½ oz bacon
- 3½ oz onions, diced
- fresh parsley
- 17½ spaghetti noodles
1. Place the giant brie on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Measure about 1 inch in from the edge and make a shallow incision all the way around the cheese wheel. Cut and remove the "lid" with as wide a knife as possible.
2. Cut the bacon into thick strips and fry it in a pan. Add the diced onions and let them cook together.
3. Finely chop the parsley and add it to the pan. Mix everything well and evenly distribute the contents of the pan over the top of the cheese. Place the cheese lid back on the cheese wheel and cook at 320°F for 10 minutes.
4. While the cheese sizzles in the oven, go ahead and get started on the pasta. Bring plenty of water to a boil in a saucepan and add salt. Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the instructions on the package and then drain the noodles in a colander. Pull back the cheese lid just before serving and the main course and side dish are ready to be eaten!
With this XXL cheese dish, you've created the perfect hearty meal! Simply swirl some noodles around your fork, dip the pasta in to the melted cheese, and let the result melt in your mouth!