Parmesan pasta served in an edible cheese bowl: dreams do come true
Take a wild guess how to improve every single meal in your life. Got an idea? Melt cheese on top? Wrap it in bacon? Well... not quite. We'd like to suggest: an edible dish that saves you the hassle of washing up afterward! This tasty recipe gives you an idea of how that might look.
You'll need the following ingredients:
- ca. 6 oz of parmesan cheese
- 3.5 oz of spaghetti
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
Here's what you do:
- Grate the parmesan and place it in a round, flat circle on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for six to seven minutes at 370°F.
- After baking, remove the piping-hot cheese mixture from the parchment paper with spatula and place it over the outside of a bowl. The bottom of the bowl should be facing down. This creates a bowl shape out of the cheese. This only works while the cheese is still hot, so hurry up!
- While the cheese is cooling, cook the spaghetti al dente and save about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add the piping hot spaghetti, olive oil, salt and the rest of the parmesan cheese to this water and mix it all together until the spaghetti is swimming in a creamy sauce.
- Finally, you serve the pasta in the cheese bowl after it has cooled and sprinkle some more cheese on top.
If you're one to take risks, then just grab the bowl and eat straight out of it without an additional plate (be warned: you might end up with some grease stains!). For those of us who are more risk averse, you may want to put it on a plate. There is one slight issue that you should be aware of: You'd better not serve dessert in the cheese bowl—unless you really like to try out new things. So just eat it!