Rolled twice: 2 Italian classic dishes combined to create a completely new one
When it comes to the best hearty Italian cuisine, it's always a tough choice between spaghetti bolognese or lasagna. While both tasty dishes use similar ingredients, the end result is actually quite different. So if you're struggling to choose what to have for dinner tonight, the following innovative recipe may be a reasonable compromise...
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 25 oz ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped up
- 1 grated carrot
- salt and pepper
- 2 ¼ cups pizza sauce
- 20 precooked lasagna sheets
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan and fry the ground beef. Add the onions, garlic and carrots to the meat before seasoning the lot. Now, stir the pizza sauce into the mix. Remove half of the sauce mix and place it to the side for later.
- Cut the lasagna sheets into four and roll each one up. Stick the pasta rolls into the sauce upright until the entire pan is covered.
- Use a teaspoon to fill each of the little rolls with the remaining sauce from earlier. Then add a small spoonful of cream cheese on top of each one. To finish, sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the pan and bake it at 295°F for 35 minutes.
The best qualities of both dishes have been brought together to create this mouthwatering masterpiece — delicious! After filling yourself up, all you'll probably want to do is roll onto the couch! ;-)