Delicious lasagna, made with tortillas!
What do Mexico and Italy have in common? Glowing sunshine? Endless sandy beaches? Both are true, but let's now turn our attention to cuisine. In this recipe, two world-famous dishes merge, creating a sensation that your taste buds will certainly remember. Prepare to be charmed by Mexican lasagna!
You will need:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 and 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2/3 cup corn
- 2/3 cup kidney beans
- 3 large tortillas
- 2 and 1/2 cups mozzarella
- Heat a bit of vegetable oil in a pan and lightly sauté the onion and garlic clove, both chopped.
- Add the ground beef, and cook until evenly browned.
- Now stir in the tomato sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, corn, and kidney beans to the pan and mix all together. Now let everything simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stack the three large tortillas on top of one another and cut them into a rectangular form, so that you can cover more area of your casserole dish.
- Now layer the ingredients in the casserole dish in the following order: tortilla, ground beef mixture, and about 1/2 a cup of mozzarella. On top of the last layer of ground beef, add some extra corn and beans, as well as a generous portion of mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 °F. Once finished, feel free to garnish with cilantro or chives!
Mexican lasagna may look nondescript while still in the pan but once tasted, this dish is simply unforgettable! Enjoy!