The largest scoop of ice cream in the world shows its ice-cold secret only when you cut into it
You have your biters, lickers, and suckers, while others prefer it on a stick or in a cup. Yet despite these differences, there's one thing we all have in common: we're crazy about ice cream! Whatever your eating technique, you'll certainly need some help tackling this ginormous ice-cold masterpiece. Spoons at the ready for the Triple Layer Ice Cream Bombe!
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 ⅔ pints strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream
- 4.5 oz Oreo cookies
- 2.6 oz melted butter
- 3.5 oz melted chocolate
- Fill a large bowl with vanilla ice cream. Cover the outside of a second, smaller bowl with food wrap. It needs to fit in the larger bowl. Now press the small bowl into the larger one until the ice cream reaches the edge. It's easier if the ice cream has been left to defrost for a short while. Now freeze both bowls.
- Remove the small bowl with the food wrap. Then spoon the strawberry ice cream into the mold that's been created and press a smaller bowl covered with food wrap into the ice cream. Freeze everything again.
- Remove the inner bowl and fill the mold with pistachio ice cream before freezing everything one more time.
- Break up the cookies into a crumble and mix it with the butter. Spoon the crumbled cookies on top of the ice cream and freeze overnight.
- To finish, turn the ice cream upside down and remove the bowl. Pour melted chocolate on top of it. Serve the ice cream bombe as soon as the chocolate has hardened.
Instead of using dark chocolate like we've done, you could use white chocolate as the outer coating. You can experiment with different ice cream flavor combinations, too. So when it's next time for dessert, impress your family and friends with what has to be the largest scoop of ice cream in the world!