Fast food classics unite to form the amazing Hot Dog Pizza
They both might be fast food classics, but when you get right down to it, pizza and hot dogs don't really have much in common. They have different shapes, different ingredients, and very different flavors. But there's no denying that they're both delicious in their own unique way... and maybe those flavors, although different, could actually complement each other? As the saying goes, "opposites attract" so let's do some matchmaking and create a tasty Hot Dog Pizza!
- 1 portion pizza dough (approx. 14 inches in diameter)
- 6 hot dog wieners
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1.5 fl oz cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 3 pickles, sliced
- 3 tbsp fried onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- Lay five of the six wieners in a circle around the outside of the pizza dough leaving about one inch of space between the edge and wieners. Make a slit in the dough at the ends of the wieners, wrap the dough around the wieners and tuck it in on the other side so the wieners are completely covered.
- Now cut each of the wrapped wieners into four equal pieces. Cutting them first in the middle and then on either side can help to keep the portions even.
- Now turn the wiener slices, including their dough wrapping, around 90°. Their cut ends should now be pointing to the center of the pizza.
- Spread the tomato sauce onto the dough. Heat up the cream, cheese and mustard using a low heat while stirring them in a pot until they form a smooth, creamy mixture. This mix is thicker than tomato sauce, so spread it on one spoonful at a time.
- Add the pickle slices, sliced wiener and fried onions. Spread the beaten egg on the wrapped wieners at the edges and bake at 360° for 20 minutes.
Now that's a match made in heaven. Either as a tasty main course or a snack for your next party, this fast food fusion will have your friends and family coming back for more!