Hazelnut Brittle Cheesecake: The perfect fix for chocolate junkies
Do you ever find yourself routing through a box of luxurious chocolates in search of your favorite one? Sometimes you can even go as far as breaking into the second tray to satisfy your urge for a deliciously rich and creamy filling. This, may we add, is nothing to be ashamed of: posh chocolates can be quite pricey and that short moment of indulgence never seems to last long enough. This is why we've come up with a cheesecake that's as decadent as the most expensive of deluxe chocolates — a true comforting treat that won't disappoint.
- 8.5 oz cornflakes
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 7 oz hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- 18 oz cream cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp whipping cream
- 8 Ferrero Rochers
- Crush up the cornflakes (it's best to do so with a mixer). Add the melted butter and cocoa powder one after the other and mix. Add the mixture to a cake springform pan, flatten it out, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Crush up the hazelnuts and mix them with the whipping cream and cream cheese. Then add the vanilla extract and sugar before mixing again.
- Place the dark chocolate in a preheated glass bowl. Add the whipping cream and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Spread a layer of the hazelnut and cream cheese mix onto the base. Then add the chocolate sauce as the top layer.
- Place the Ferrero Rochers on top for the finishing touch and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
As with a box of chocolates, you may find that this tasty cheesecake is prone to disappearing quickly — but at least the enjoyment will last longer than one bite! And if you avoid decorating it with edible gold, you'll also find that making this delicious dessert is a lot cheaper than a visit to the chocolatier. Enjoy!