Flowers have never smelled so delicious: Ham and Cheese Pastry Roses
With the post-holiday daily grind back in full swing, it's nice to have a few recipes up your sleeve that are as simple as they are delicious. These ham and cheese roses are not only easy to make, but will certainly brighten up any table.
You will need (for 6 portions):
- 1 sheet of puff pastry dough
- 9 slices of round ham
- 8 slices of cheese
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry and cut it lengthwise into six even strips.
- Cut the ham slices in half and place three halves over each dough strip, leaving the top edges of the ham exposed.
- Cut the cheese slices into small strips and place them over the ham.
- Now roll up each puff pastry strip and place in a muffin pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
No need to buy flowers for your dinner party! These yummy (and fragrant!) little treats can compete with the prettiest centerpieces. Although they may disappear quickly, a new bouquet can be conjured up in no time at all. Enjoy!