Gyros Casserole recipe for fans of Greek cuisine
The winter is really beginning to drag, so we've come up with a hearty recipe that'll bring some Greek sunshine into your kitchen. Simple to make and using a plethora of tasty ingredients, our Gyros Casserole will have you digging in for more!
- 17½ oz pork escalopes
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 fl oz olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
You'll also need:
- 1 yellow pepper and 1 red pepper
- 1¾ oz olives
- 1 oz jalapeños
- 7 oz cooked rice
- 1¾ oz tomato puree
- 21 oz crème fraîche
- 7 oz mozzarella
- First, cut the pork escalopes into strips. Next, mix the pork strips with the chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, thyme, marjoram, cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice in bowl. Once mixed, heat everything in a pan.
- Fill a casserole role with the cooked gyros and add the chopped pepper, olives and jalapeños to it.
- Mix the cooked rice with the tomato puree and spread it over the gyros in the casserole dish. Next, spread on the crème fraîche and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Place your Gyros Casserole in a convection oven set to 350°F for 30 minutes.
Just watch that melted cheese ooze from the dish — delicious! This great meal certainly brings some Mediterranean flair to any dinner table. Just be sure to make enough to go round!