Straight from the grill: sushi served Western style!
When it comes to sushi, people are divided. Some love having it morning, noon, and night, and others choke at the very thought of eating raw fish. But one thing is certain: Elaborately prepared sushi rolls are an impressive sight. Now there's a more Western take on traditional sushi that everyone can enjoy!
You will need:
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6-10 slices bacon
- 3.5 oz Swiss cheese, cut into long, thick rectangles
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- crushed tortilla chips
- Season the ground beef however you like. We recommend paprika powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and BBQ sauce (amounts listed above).
- Spread a sushi rolling mat on your work area, and place your bacon slices next to each other on the mat.
- Spread the ground beef over the bacon, flattening it with the back of a spoon. Now place a long block of Swiss on the ground beef, making sure it is in the middle and perpendicular to the bacon.
- It's time to roll! Don't worry if you don't get it right the first time. Practice makes perfect!
- Now it's up to you! You can prepare your beef and bacon sushi on the grill or in the oven. Place the sushi roll away from direct heat if using a grill. Otherwise, it may burn.
- Whether grilling or baking, brush the sushi roll several times with BBQ sauce to prevent the bacon from burning. Bake for 40 minutes at 350°F.
- When the roll is finished cooking, sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips or alternatively, crispy onion.
- Cut into small pieces and serve with BBQ sauce on the side, and maybe even a few jalapeños!
Smoky aroma and flavor go hand in hand! It really doesn't get any tastier than this.