XXL Twix — when size DOES matter!
In candy world, chocolate bars are just as diverse as the people who eat them. But with bar sizes becoming increasingly smaller over the years, it's just a shame that there never seems to be enough chocolatey goodness in one packet — we just want more! Today, we have some good news for Twix fans, as we'll be solving this all-too-common problem with some supersize baking. As you'll see, one bar is more than enough!
- 3⅓ fl oz cream
- 17½ oz toffees
- 15¾ oz flour
- 7¾ oz butter
- 7 oz sugar
- 1 eggs
- 2¼ lbs melted full milk chocolate
- First, cut a ½ inch strip out of a cardboard roll lengthways (e.g. for kitchen towels). Next, bend the cardboard out slightly and lay it on the bottom of a long loaf pan with the curve facing downward. If you need to, shorten the cardboard so that it fits in the loaf pan. To finish, line the loaf pan with baking parchment.
- Chop the toffees up into small pieces and bring the cream to the boil. Next, add the toffees to the cream, heat it up, and mix the two ingredients until you have a nice creamy consistency. Pour the caramel into the loaf pan while it's this consistency, but remember to keep some for later. Place the loaf pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool and harden the caramel.
- While the caramel is cooling, prepare the cookie dough by knead the flour, butter, sugar, and egg. The the dough out on a floured worktop and cut it into two equally-sized long pieces that correspond the dimensions of the loaf pan. Remove any excess dough, and poke holes into the dough strips using a wooden pick or fork. Bake the cookie dough at 320°F for 20 minutes with the top and bottom heat on.
- Place one of the two baked cookies directly on top of the caramel in the loaf pan. Pour to rest of the caramel on top to act as a "glue" and place the second cookie on top. Pour around 10 fl oz of the melted chocolate onto the cookie base and refrigerate the pan for another 30 minutes.
- Now remove the Twix from the loaf pan, removing the baking parchment and cardboard. Place the Giant Twix on a grille and pour on the rest of the chocolate to cover the entire candy bar. Make sure that the sides are covered, too! Once the candy bar is dry, you can decorate it with thin strips of melted chocolate.
Whether it's feeding a hockey team or keeping the entire family happy, our XXL candy bar can be enjoyed for any occasion. By adding a few candles, you can also create the perfect birthday cake. There's also no harm in keeping the entire bar to yourself to get you through the rest of the winter. ;-)