Emoji Fries for snacking bring colorful smartphone mania to the table
The rise in smartphones and social media has changed the way we communicate. Instead of writing about how we feel, we can simply select an emoji from the list instead. As a tribute to the humble emoji, we've come up with a tasty snack that's sure to put a smile on your face...
- 14 oz potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
You'll also need:
- flour for the countertop
- oil for frying
- First mash the cooked potatoes and knead all of the ingredients together.
- Roll the potato dough out on a floured countertop and cut out circular shapes using a glass or large round cookie cutter.
- Use a drinking straw and teaspoon to create a variety of faces. You can also use a knife to cut out shapes such as the "like" symbol or hearts. After creating your emojis, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To finish, fry them in oil at 360°F for one to two minutes.
Emoji Fries are particularly popular with kids and teenagers, making them a neat addition to any birthday party. As well as being fun to make, these tasty potato faces are also perfect for dipping. Yummy!