Warm and crispy: Pizza pockets with chicken
If you spontaneously feel like pizza, but can't bother with homemade dough and ordering is not an option, then try this creative alternative. These warm, crispy chicken pockets are quite simple to make, and you probably have everything you need right at home!
You will need (for 10 pockets):
- 10 slices sandwich bread
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 tbsp corn
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Season the chicken breast, sauté on both sides, and bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 340°F.
- Shred the chicken and transfer to a large bowl. Add the the corn, tomato paste, cream cheese, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the bread, about 1 tbsp per slice.
- Fold each slice of bread over the filling, forming a triangle and press the edges with a fork.
- Brush each pizza pocket with egg and add a bit of grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350°F. Finished!
One taste, and you may decide never to order pizza again! Experiment with different ingredients to create a pocket that best suits your palate. What are you waiting for? Enjoy!